The 'process' for this druid bag was much like the others,
- choose the colour. - teal - Wash + Filz -it! tweed color blue felting wool, purchased at Make One Yarns in Calgary.
- cast on and knit for a while... 15 mm needles make the knitting a quick, but they are quite a handful!
- knit. the knitting is loose, and it is easy to pick up and add on here and there, to get the shape I want.
- seem up the sides, add the strap
- felt. I use some of Beadorh's handcrafted soap, and warm tap water, and just smoosh and rub and wiggle (technical term - agitate) the whole wet floppy mess in my hands until it felts (shrinks)
- shape. the wool does not always felt evenly, its a bit of a mystery and it does exactly what it wants, and nothing much else. so... there is some pulling and stretching and more agitating....
- dry. it takes a day or two sitting in front of the fireplace until it is soft and dry again
- photograph. as you can see, there is much room for improvement here.
So there you have it, another felted druid bag.
|blue wool felted druid bag|
|Close up felted druid bag|
~ Feather ~